An audiologist conducts free hearing screening for your employees. We offer hearing/ear screening at no cost to your company. Periodic hearing screening at work provides an effective means of assessing workers’ hearing acuity and identifying those who may have hearing problems. It is our position that staff members with undetected hearing loss and/or persistent or recurrent middle ear disease should be identified so that appropriate audio-logical and medical management can be provided. We tailor make the specific needs of each staff member to promote ear health. We treat those employees with hearing loss and proactively prevent related damage. By employing various testing strategies (e.g. otoacoustic emission measurements, electrophysiologic tests etc), we determine whether someone can hear within the normal range, and if not, which portions of hearing (high, middle, or low frequencies) are affected and to what degree. If the audiologist determines that a hearing loss or vestibular abnormality is present he or she will provide recommendations to the employee as to what options (e.g. hearing aid, cochlear implants, surgery, appropriate medical referrals) may be of assistance. Briefly, we provide the following audiology services:
Audiology Services include:
- Assessing and treating people with hearing loss.
- Performing a range of tests to determine the extent of the hearing problem.
- Hearing aid assessments and fitting of hearing aids.
- Repairing and servicing of hearing aids.
- Assess hearing and identify hearing employees.
- Fitting hearing aids on employees with hearing loss.
- Advice on hearing protection.
- Custom fit moulds: swim moulds, sleepfits, custom ipod and headphone fitting.
- Auditory processing disorders.
- Home or ward visits on requests.
- Refer patients to a medical doctor or and an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist when the hearing problem needs medical or surgical intervention.